(NC)—The warm weather has finally arrived and it is time to take advantage of your outdoor space. If you are less then pleased with your yard, 2009 is the year to give it the update you have always wanted. And this year Canadians can take advantage of the Federal Home Renovation Tax Credit (HRTC), making it easier than ever before to take on small home projects – indoors or out!
Here are five quick-and-easy outdoor projects you can take on to update your home that also qualify for HRTC savings:
1. Update your garage, windows and doors with a fresh coat of paint
2. Build a private backyard getaway by installing a fence
3. Emphasize the entrance to your home by resurfacing your driveway
4. Layer your lawn with fresh sod to make this spring your greenest ever
5. Build a deck or stone patio to create the ultimate outdoor oasis
For more information on outdoor projects that can add value to your home, visit www.thehomedepot.ca or your local The Home Depot store.